StatCounter

Thursday, January 3, 2013

This year's holiday plans



The holidays of 2012 were pretty good. Thanksgiving was fine. Not that there's much to go wrong. Get together and eat good food. I like a holiday with low expectations. While I'm not usually a fan of Christmas, this one went well. My kids and grandkids got together with my lovely wife and I. The parties were good. The food was excellent. There was snow for Christmas. I even cut my own Christmas tree off my own land. How traditional can you get? My New Year's celebration also went well. Once again, good food, drink and interesting people.

Norman Rockwell could have made a painting out of my holidays.

So what's the plan for next year's holidays? My lovely wife and I are going to blow them off. We plan on sailing south on the Intra-Coastal Waterway in the fall and not come back until spring. My lovely wife and I will celebrate the holidays wherever we happen to be. We might connect with relatives or friends along the way, but won't commit to it. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't we'll celebrate with strangers and see if any of them become friends.

The holidays are nice and all, but I don't want to be shackled to doing the same thing every year. The holidays are supposed to serve us. We aren't supposed to be slaves to them.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you about holidays serving us, and not the other way around. At the same time, I also like to connect with folks who light not be here in another year (nor may I).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was heading to the Outer Banks and when driving through the thick trees of a swamp, I saw the mast of sailboat above the trees moving south. In a mile or two, I went over a high bridge. Must have been the Inter-coastal waterway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the holidays were good to you.

    I do like your plans for this year! Hope they work out!

    ReplyDelete