StatCounter

Friday, September 6, 2019

April instead of October



I’ve been going a little nuts trying to figure out if it would be safe to sail the ICW this fall. It’s going to be a few weeks before we have really in-depth info on the waterways there. Hopefully damage won’t be as bad as last year’s hurricane.

One thing about having a trailer sailor is that we can leap frog all the way past storm damage. With that in mind I think I’ll sail the ICW from the south to the north. As far as I know we’ve don’t get hurricanes in April. I don’t know how much of the route I’ll do, but there are some interesting options. More research is needed.

We are putting together some plans for the end of October, but I’m not willing to share them right now. A lot of things are in flux. It’s mostly good stuff, but even good stuff can cause stress.

Speaking of hurricanes, I’m really sad for the people in the Bahamas. I know someone who’s family has a house near where the hurricane hit the Bahamas first. Well, they had a house. No idea if it’s still there. A few years ago my lovely wife and I were in Freeport. It’s strange and a bit disturbing to realize that everyone and everything we saw there has been affected. You can’t take anything for granted.

Dorian is not over yet. I’m hoping people stay safe.

-Sixbears




No comments:

Post a Comment