StatCounter

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Unusually warm



We’ve had some unusually warm days. On Tuesday it got to 75 degrees. That’s pretty much unheard of for late October in northern New Hampshire. It’s more common to have snow on the ground by now. 


As weird as it is, that hasn’t stopped me from enjoying it. I thought the motor scooter would be in storage by now. As it is I’ve had some of my best riding during the fall. Go figure. 


It’s also given me time to get some last minute outdoor projects done. One guy was telling me he’s never prepared in time for winter, but this year he actually is. 


The real bonus has been on the home heating front. It’s still been cold enough at night to need heat, but those warm days make a big difference. Oil companies have record profits right now. They also have record high prices. Coincidence? I think not. If the warm weather hurts their profit margin it won’t break my heart. 


Of course, I could be buried under feet of snow in a few weeks. In the mean time I’m making the most of it while it’s mild.


-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. With prices of heating oil verging on 6 dollars a gallon I welcome the warmer weather for as long as Mother Nature let's us have it. I am not looking forward to buying another hundred gallons of oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not buying any at these prices. Good thing firewood grows on trees.

      Delete
  2. I'm down to the south of you a bit. It's been nice to be able to open the windows during the last full week of October. I went for a woods-hike yesterday while wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much unheard of for this time of year.

      Delete