StatCounter

Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Joys of Snow Country



First of all I have to admit that the new blanket of fresh snow is very pretty. Better yet, it’s the light fluffy stuff, not the white concrete we had earlier in the season. 


While it wasn’t too terribly hard to shovel, we certainly got a fair bit of it. Before I did anything else the shoveling had to be done. For me, perhaps the most important job is shoveling a path to the road and digging out the mailbox. When you live in the country that mailbox is a lifeline to the greater world. 


Sometimes I can afford to wait a day or two before digging out the cars. This was not one of those times. We were getting low on fresh foods. With another crappy day in the forecast it was worth going into town while the weather was mild. 


The Blazer transmission linkage project was calling me. After all, was sunny and had warmed up to 38.   YouTube university made it look like a fairly straightforward job. Unlike in the video, my Blazer has a hefty skid plate in the way and the job got a lot bigger. There’s only so much lying down on the ice I care to do. 


With that in mind I called the garage -and got their answering machine. They never called back. That’s fine. It gave me some time to think of another fix. I’ve decided to do a temporary repair that should last a few months. By then it’s be warm, dry and much more pleasant for shade tree mechanic work. 


That’s the plan anyway. 


I’ve the advantage of time and a second car so there’s a lot less pressure to fix things immediately. 


-Sixbears

2 comments: