StatCounter

Monday, November 14, 2016

Bad news for firearms sales



Obama's presidency was one of the best things to happen to firearms manufacturers. They could throw guns out of the back of a truck and the guns would be sold before they hit the ground. Whenever Obama made a speech that even mentioned the word guns, sales would go up.

Well, now the Republicans are in power. Everyone's going to relax. A lot of people are going to wake up and find they have more guns than they will ever need. Not only will they not buy new guns, they might even sell some of the ones they do have. Instead of preparing for a gun grabbing Hillary apocalypse, they'll have do things like buy groceries and pay the rent.

It's a good thing it's only Liberals protesting in the streets. Had the tables been turned the protesters would be Conservatives. Unlike the Liberals, those folks are armed. They'd be waving around things other than harshly worded signs.

What's a firearms industry to do?

Fortunately, all those Liberals also have Second Amendment rights. All the industry has to do is to overcome Liberals distaste for guns by stressing their hatred for Trump. After all, will Trump's police protect their rights?

So I'm thinking of starting Sixbear's Firearms School for Special Snowflakes. How's that for a business idea? Might have to work on the title.

-Sixbears

16 comments:

  1. Never drop your drawers in a briar patch or drop your guard in Detroit. There. I've solved all the major problems. I feel so odd mentioning this, and I was even leery of telling my husband, but one of the main concerns I have regarding my upcoming shoulder surgery is if I'll ever be able to fire my sidearm again. I'd never say it to another human being without hiding behind a curtain and disguising my voice, but for me, it's all about losing my independence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife had major shoulder surgery on both shoulders. Not the same year, thank God. Recovery is slow and you have to do the PT, but it was well worth it. She can still outshoot most guys at the range.

      Delete
  2. I'll be honest with you, I prefer Pajama Man-child and Safety Pin Susie unarmed. They are not mature enough to handle the responsibility of having a tool in their possession that is designed for the purposes that tool is designed for. Nor do they appear to have the higher levels of reasoning necessary to understand high school level government/civics classes or they wouldn't be acting as big a fools as they are acting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A well run firearms course would teach them some much needed disciple and independence. Most of 'em ain't stupid, only poorly educated.

      There's hope for everybody.

      Delete
  3. No worry, there is always another crisis just over the horizon. "Homeland Security Firearm" has a nice ring to it, something Randolph Scott would approve of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always something coming down the pike, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. Can't ever have too much schoolin' when it comes to firearms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think prices will definitely drop.. No longer will people be paying 700$ for a plastic fantastic or twice that for an AR... there might be some great deals out there. Remember, buy low, sell high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe people with think to round out their preps instead of focusing just on firearms. I've seen too many people armed to the teeth but without a spare can of beans.

      Delete
  6. Now's the time to stock up on ammo for the existing stash ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stocked up well before prices went nuts, but I'm going to keep an eye on the ammo prices and refresh the pile as needed.

      Delete
  7. I wish gun safety and home defense was offered to all high school students. Of course I also think basic tools should be taught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they will again someday. When I was in Junior High we had a club for reloading handgun ammo held in the school science lab. Science teacher ran it.

      Of course, we all kept shotguns in our cars so we could hunt birds behind the school after class.

      Delete
  8. never be certain Mr Trump may last

    good guns are like having gold

    tide can always change

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm now ready for any surprise the world can dish out.

      Delete