StatCounter

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Before the snow



My motorcycle's been sitting in my driveway. That was supposed to be a temporary stop until I could move it into the basement. Then I got sick and everything got pushed back. It even snowed a couple of times. Due to some mild rain there was only about an inch of snow on the ground.

Since I'm feeling somewhat better I went back to my motorcycle project. In the morning I was able to clear a path to the basement. I pushed the bike across the lawn and down a couple of stairs, where it decided to hang up. Rather than over extend myself the kickstand came down and the bike stayed right there. I was pretty beat. No sense in doing something tricky when I'm not even feeling 100% yet.

I knew a friend of mine was working in the area and wondered if he could come over to help. Cell phone service is pretty sketchy where he was working so I wasn't sure he'd get my message. As it turned out he only had enough signal to register he missed a call. Being in the area he just dropped in.

He was also pretty frozen so I gave him a couple cups of tea by the woodstove. Outside work can be brutal when it's cold. Once he warmed up we were able to move the motorcycle the last 20 feet or so into the basement.

That was a huge relief for me. With more snow and frozen mix only hours away I was worried about ever getting the bike under cover. My lovely wife even suggested wrapping it up in tarps and giving up on it until spring.

Now I'll be able to work on the bike over the winter. In the spring the bike can be driven up some ramps and back onto the road. The bike will need more elbow grease than money so it's a good project for me.

Looking forward to road trips in the spring.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. If I am in a spotty cell phone area I call first then text. I hate texting but they make it trough more than the calls. For my help it would have cost you 2 Mugs of your home roasted coffee !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee is always available at my place.

      Texting is more robust and I should have thought of that. Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got it inside after all.
    It's really nice to have a winter project like that one. No hurry, putz around doing little things here and there and if you don't feel like messing with it then it will still be there later. Inside and dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief. There's a mix of rain and hail coming down right now. Could get 4 inches of snow.

      I'll be able to get out of my lovely wife's hair too. :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you got it inside. I guy can't read ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better for my mental health if I have something do with my hands. Reading is great, but I've got to get outside my head from time to time.

      Delete
  4. must be a special tea?

    good luck future "mad max" !

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green? With honey? It was pretty special for him as his hands were so cold he could barely hold the mug.

      It will look pretty Mad Max by the time I'm done.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! That last little bit just keeps hanging on.

      Delete