StatCounter

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No gifts. No funny hats. You don't' have to sing a song. I love it.

There's something special about a holiday that only requires some good food, good people and a sense of gratitude.

I'm very grateful that I'm finally feeling well enough to be with people again. Wednesday I woke up feeling mostly better. Still had the occasional cough, but much milder and a lot fewer of them. I survived with a mixture of over the counter medicine and herbal remedies. The regular meds give some relief from the symptoms and the herbal stuff supports the immune system.

One of the neat things about having kids is that one day they grow up and hold holidays at their houses. After almost two weeks of being sick my house is a wreck. Thank goodness we are going over to one of my daughters to celebrate. One more thing to be grateful for.

I wish all my readers a safe and happy Thanksgiving -even if you aren't an American and don't celebrate the holiday. I'm grateful to have you guys too.

-Sixbears

3 comments:

  1. the right turkey makes it good

    avoid using political turkeys as they have no taste

    have fun

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wildflower. It was a fun time with good people, and only one turkey in the room.

      Delete
  2. Thank you. May yours be a good one too!

    ReplyDelete