StatCounter

Friday, November 1, 2013

Calidesi State Park



The boat is tucked in safely at the Calidesi State Park Marina. It was another long day on the water. I'm pretty beat, so this is going to be short.

We met an interesting guy at our last anchorage. He stopped on the island to walk his dog, which is what we were doing. He's from Pennsylvania and figured out he could live on a boat in Florida not freeze all winter. Makes sense to me.

Our exit from the island didn't go as planned. We thought we'd do a graceful exit under sail. Instead my lovely wife and I had a communication failure. I wanted to go left but my wife thought I wanted to go right. My bad. Instead we went nowhere and drifted towards some fishing boats. There were some crazy minutes of frantic anchor and outboard work. It was our turn to be those goof balls on water.

The rest of the day went much better. We ended it watching a sunset on the beach, so all in all, it was a good day.

-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. 'Port' and 'starboard' were created for that very reason, if that's what caused the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Communication definitely important. Got hit in the head with a boom when "captain" came about without saying he was going to.

    ReplyDelete