StatCounter

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Feeling the lack



It’s only been a couple of weeks since I put the scooter up for the winter. I already feel the lack. It’s funny how I got used to going for a ride. Sometimes just a quick ride into town and back was all I needed to put a smile on my face. I’m even dreaming about riding motorcycles. That’s gotta be a sign. 


Winter might be a long one. On the flip side, I used to wait anxiously for a good snow pack. That’s back when I was doing a lot of snowmobile riding, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing. One thing I’m not going to do again is to buy another snowmobile. They are pretty hard on gasoline and the price of even used machines is pretty high. Then there’s the issue the constant repairs. At least I still have a good assortment of snowshoes. 


This time of year has never been my favorite. It’s dark. There’s usually not enough snow to play in. The lakes aren’t frozen so ice fishing is out. I could probably spend more time hunting, but all my old hunting buddies aren’t around anymore. It’s not as fun alone. 


Anyway, before you know it Christmas will be here. 


Of course, one solution for the seasonal blahs was to head down to the West Coast of Florida for a bit. Unfortunately it’s not a good year for that as the area needs to recover. We have reasons to spend this winter in the frozen north so I’d better snap out of it. 


-Sixbears


7 comments:

  1. Recreational toys like snowmobiles and boats can be a lot of fun but they are always a giant hole to throw money into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right. However, with the price of gas the scooter pays for itself as I use it to run a lot of errands.

      Delete
  2. Don't underestimate Seasonal Affective Disorder friend.

    Get and USE (as I remind my dear wife) a full spectrum light whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd better upgrade my lighting situation.

      Delete
  3. We always have the Friday coffee Fire to confer by. Sounds like time for another right around the corner. The fire keeps the cold at bay and the blues away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing. Looking forward to the next coffee and fire event.

      Delete
  4. Maybe adding cross country skiing as a winter activity may be one solution ? Great exercise and in steady weather conditions, good for the soul. Towing a small skid for carrying supplies may be able to be done.

    ReplyDelete