StatCounter

Sunday, November 20, 2022

So Much for Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s not overly commercialized. Unlike Christmas expectations are low. Be grateful. Eat good food. It’s a fine holiday. 


This year my lovely wife and I were looking forward to Thanksgiving at my daughter’s in Vermont. It’s been a few years since we’ve been able to gather for the holiday. Unlike some families we really enjoy getting together. 


Then I received a call from my daughter. Her husband and her daughter have both tested positive for covid. They are sick, but not go to the hospital sick. Still, it’s enough to shut down the gathering. Oh well. Looks like another intimate Thanksgiving in New Hampshire. 


-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. Tell the truth now. Any holiday that has good food , is your favorite lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendsgiving is often better. Our old neighbor is in a home now so will not be with us Thursday.

    I will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be thankful for the good days you've had in the past. That can't be taken away from you.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure everyone is vaxxed and triple boosted....what's the worry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being Vaxed and quadruple boosted does not remove the responsibility thing. It's just not that kind of bug.

      Delete
    2. However, I think the vax helped me not freaking die when I finally did catch Covid.

      Delete
  4. Yep, that's why we get the vax. Dying is a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete