StatCounter

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Summer to Winter



Well that was quick. Friday evening it was 68 degrees. Monday I woke up scattered snow in the ground. It never warmed up enough to melt. Would it be too much to ask for another hurricane to push more warm weather north to New Hampshire? Yeah, it probably would be, and pretty selfish too.


However, it doesn’t look like that’s in the cards. We are expecting snow Wednesday – Friday. 


With that in mind I finally pulled the plug on my scooter riding season. Monday afternoon I assembled a small shelter for the scooter. It took much longer than it should due to cold temperatures and high winds. It took a lot of trips inside for fresh coffee and to warm fingers. Eventually the job was done and the scooter was inside. Gasoline has been stabilized. The battery still needs to be pulled and put on a battery minder for the winter. Outside of that it should be good until spring. 


This is not the latest I’ve ridden on two wheels. One year I communed on a KZ-900 motorcycle until the middle of December. It was about a 60 mile drive. The motorcycle was my only vehicle so there wasn’t much choice. I’m lucky to be alive. Hitting a patch of ice at 60 mph in a corner is never fun. 


It could be worse. One year I pulled the boat out of the lake in the middle of snowstorm. That involved wading into the lake to sort out a problem with the trailer. Compared to that putting the scooter away was a piece of cake.


-Sixbears


5 comments:

  1. Back in 1981, I rode a 250 Enduro sixty miles round trip , for an entire Idaho winter. Commuting to a job. Just wore my snowmobile suit lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's tough. The first thing I'd do is hop into a hot shower to warm up the bone deep cold.

      Delete
  2. You're reminding me of those German fellows that ride all year long, just put on the correct outer garment, grit your teeth, get that special look in the eye, and Go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, you're away from the route of the lake-effect snow bands.

    ReplyDelete