StatCounter

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Unplanned detour



Saturday’s weather was unusually warm. I can’t believe I haven’t put the scooter for the winter yet, but with these nice days it might be a while yet. 


I was having a pleasant ride through the mountains. The plan was to make a big loop and come back home well before dark. I was about 35 minutes from home only to find that the road was blocked for construction. I was forced to backtrack about 70 miles.




There’s wasn’t enough gas in the tank to get me back to civilization. It’s a good thing I carry an extra gallon in the top box. There was no cell connection. Like an idiot I left my Garmin inreach satelite device at home. 




By the time I pulled into my driveway it was dark and a storm was on my heels. Good fun.


-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love a good adventure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made it home safe, so it was a good one. Just found out my cousin crashed his scooter in front of his house. Turns out accidents really do happen close to home. Glad I was so far away. :)

      Delete