StatCounter

Monday, November 7, 2022

Night Owl


The return to standard time is always hard. My lovely wife and I are not morning people. Having more light early in the day is of little use to us. On the other hand we really miss that hour in the afternoon. November is a gray enough month as it is. It’s the time of year when I up my vitamin D intake as I’m not going to get it from the sun. 


Growing up it was always a struggle to get out of bed. Jobs with early start times weren’t that great either. Night shifts were my favorite. Problems arose when having to deal with the rest of the world. Most businesses and offices have day hours. How rude of them. I know it’s different in a lot of places, but we can’t get breakfast 24 hours a day around here. 


Left to our own devices our bed time tends to drift to somewhere between 2 or 4 a. m..  My guess is that our night schedule is partly due to modern technology. When we are camping or living on a sailboat our schedule slowly adjusts to a daylight routine. 


That’s not to say we become morning people. Maybe it’s just too hard to sleep in when there’s so much early morning activity. We might be up, but we aren’t at our best. If it wasn’t for coffee I don’t know what we’d do. 


As much as I’m not a fan of losing an hour of light, I wish they’d stop changing the clocks. Pick daylight savings time or standard time and stick with it. 


-Sixbears


5 comments:

  1. The time change twice a year is just two more times that the sheeple are distracted from what REALLY matters while they piss and moan about something that is truly a minor issue for the vast majority of us. Thus they aren't likely to get rid of it. It serves as another distraction from the things we should be paying attention to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, is it unsensitive of me to use the V word in this instance. 80) I agree with you, they should just leave the dang thing alone. I like many of us Americans of a certain age, remember a time when there was no such a thing. I put the Blame directly on Nixon, and we send him to China. Geeeezzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time switch is not a conspiracy. It's just ONE MORE THING among many that those in power use to distract the easily distracted. While people are àrguing for or against it they aren't paying attention to what really matters.

    ReplyDelete