StatCounter

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Then the rains came



No photos of sunny beaches and anchorages today. It's rain with a chance of more rain plus the occasional thunderstorm and maybe a tornado.

One of the guys staying at the marina said he's never coming boating in Florida during the month of January ever again. Can't say I blame him. As for myself . . . well . . .you don't have to shovel rain, like you do snow.

My lovely wife and I are taking advantage of a nice boater's lounge with decent wifi. It also has one of those big magic talking picture boxes. We don't watch TV at home, so it's an amazing and slightly disturbing thing.

I see Trump will be ignoring the Republican Debate. What a coincidence. I planned on ignoring it too.

I woke up bright and early with the sound of something bouncing around in the boat's cockpit. The scuppers had plugged up again and the cockpit was filling with water. Once the drains were cleared things went back to normal and I went back to bed. Minor problem in the big scheme of things.

There's more rain on the way so we are hunkering down for the duration.

-Sixbears

15 comments:

  1. You said, "[TV] ... it's an amazing and slightly disturbing thing."

    The more you watch it, the less amazing and more disturbing it gets. And that includes these false debates. No more for me as well. They sort of make me pine for that first, awkward high school debate full of nervousness and clumsy flashcards. At least those were actual debates -- honest and on point at the risk of academic and social failure.

    Glad you didn't get your slippers wet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife is watching those building shows. I'm afraid I'm going to have to do home improvement when we get back.

      Those in the Presidential debates could use some high school debating rules. It would improve things, not that I've been watching.

      Delete
  2. I imagine boaters can also suffer from "cabin" fever with enough bad weather. Hope it doesn't come to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch any of the debates at all this year. Already made up my mind not to listen to the oily politicians spouting lies that they'll forget the second they get elected. I hope Trump might prove to be a more honest man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are darn few people running for president who'd I'd actually like to know as an individual. Most I'd cross the street to avoid.

      Delete
  4. Good sleeping in the rain, as long as the floor is dry ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought a debate with each of the candidates inside individual sealed glass boxes and an OFF switch to their microphone when their time is up might make for interesting viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about shutting off their air? I'd watch that.

      Delete
    2. hahaha it's a darn good thing I hadn't just taken a sip of coffee when I read that!

      Delete
    3. Had versions of that running through my mind while watching. It's too easy to solve, so the asinine struggle on each question where the "moderator" waits during overtime while they talk and then tries to get them to stop talking must be for effect.

      One additional modification: If they don't answer the question, they lose their next turn. If they do answer it, they get 10 seconds added to their final response time. I predict the results would even make B.F. Skinner proud.

      Delete
  6. Don't you know that those bad weather days just make you enjoy the sunny days with good sailing winds even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'd feel bad if I'd only come down to FL for a week's vacation but since we've got many weeks yet, there's time for plenty of nice days.

      Delete