StatCounter

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Almost got to ride



Dang it! I almost got to ride the motor scooter today. I’ve been waiting to ride since November. The scooter had to be pushed through a bit of snow and ice but I got it to the snow free section of the driveway. The battery minder kept the battery alive through the winter. Installation of the battery was a bit finicky but it all got sorted. The little bike fired right up. The mirrors were tightened up and adjusted and the top box reinstalled. 


I even made it to the town hall to renew the registration. 


Then the phone rang and the garage notified me that the brakes on the Blazer were fixed. While it’s safe to drive now, it’s not road legal. There’s an awful lot of body rot that needs attention. The garage gave me quite a list of things that needed fixing to past state inspection. 


Of course, while we were in town we ran a bunch of errands. By the time we got back the temperature was already dropping and the wind had come up. It’s not going to be really pleasant until Thursday, so maybe then. 


Getting the scooter out on the road is one of those signs of spring for me. Another big one is when the ice leaves the lake. There’s no sign of that happening soon. Any place on my property not in direct sunlight still has over a foot of snow and ice. That doesn’t mean I don’t want to do spring things. 


Me thinks that cabin fever is no joke.


-Sixbears

3 comments:

  1. No, the Fever is no joke. It's the cause of many sleepless nights and impatience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to ride today. It was cold and windy. I didn't go all that far, but it certainly felt good.

      Delete
    2. That's an important self healing step. Good for you. Self time is great.

      Delete