StatCounter

Monday, April 24, 2023

The pandemic that keeps on giving



Just a reminder the virus is still going around. A nearby town’s nursing home just had a significant outbreak. Last I heard there were 30 residents infected and 10 workers. I think I’ll stay out of that town for a couple of weeks.


I’m done with it, but apparently it’s not done with us. On the bright side it doesn’t have the same high fatality rate as we’ve learned a lot over the last few years. Of course there’s the strong possibility that the newer versions are weaker -or maybe it just that some sort of immunity is pretty widespread by now. 


Overall I was fairly healthy over the winter. With my damaged lungs that’s saying a lot. Warm moist air is easier on my lungs so Florida is a pretty logical destination in the winter. However, I did fairly well with our cold dry winter air. A good part of that was probably due to my extensive collection of RZ brand face masks. Wearing a mask really made it much easier to breath outside in the cold. 


I’ve been carrying around face masks long before the pandemic. Dust and forest fire smoke were the big reasons. Once the pandemic hit I modified the masks by replacing the  one way valves with caps. That way I wasn’t spewing my germs out towards other people. 


I’ve relaxed quite a bit in recent months. That being said I stay aware of local conditions. I’m going to see if the current nearby outbreak settles down or spreads to the larger area. Even if I’d only get a little sick I’d like to avoid that too. Everybody knows that even the common cold is no fun.


-Sixbears



3 comments:

  1. Other nasty's are floating around as well. Folks getting fluish, and pneumonia being shared. What a cocktail, and the revelation that those paper masks aren't really as effective as we we're made to believe. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a few folks with pneumonia on death's door right now. My masks aren't cheap but they make a much better seal and I buy the highest quality filters for it.

      Delete
  2. I follow diverse blogs of many varied type opinions. One such is a fellow that believes the pandemic to be fake. The election was rigged and Trump won...
    Silence on all the evidence to the contrary....even tho faux spews just settled for a lot of cash for spreading those lies.
    He currently is suffering mightily from the fake flu lol...is wondering what this sudden flu that ain't a flu could be ha ha.

    ReplyDelete