StatCounter

Monday, October 2, 2023

Food Storage Issues



The three people in my household all have different dietary issues. My lovely wife has developed some allergies fairly recently. It took some work with a allergist to sort it out. One of big ones is a dairy allergy. 


While most of my food storage is bulk items like grains and beans, there are a fair number of ready made quick cook meals. They are very handy as they don’t take long to prepare. Quite of few of them have dairy products as ingredients. 


My niece had to avoid certain foods and spices that causes issues too. As for myself I really should limit my sodium. Lots of prepared foods contain high levels. 


With those dietary restrictions in mind I’m completely reexamining my food storage. Everything I’ve got at someone can eat safely. However, it’s a pain to cook three different main dishes for one meal. With that in mind I plan to expand my food storage to include more of what everyone can eat. 


It seems that food storage is never one of those things that constantly evolve. 


-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that seems like a very limited diet indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick to what you know. Food allergies are a serious deal..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we got it sorted before we made anymore trips to the ER.

      Delete