StatCounter

Friday, August 23, 2024

Beef Shortage



I went to the farmers’ market where I normally get some of my meat. They farmer was totally out of beef. He said the national herd is small right now and he sells out quickly. 


I jokingly said that he could have taken a few of the neighbor’s cattle so I could get some hamburg. A look of horror came over his face.


“That’s rustling. They’ll hang you for that,” he said.


I replied, “Is that really a thing in this day and age?”


“I had two stolen from my herd. That’s a lot of money you know,” he said. 


He did have plenty of lamb and pork. Unfortunately nobody at my house really eats lamb. One person in the household doesn’t eat pork but I got some chops for those of us who do. 


Let’s just say I picked up more veggies from him than I normally do. 


-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment