StatCounter

Friday, August 2, 2024

Drone video: Lyndonville flooding


For four years I traveled this road several times a week. It was a pretty good shortcut that shaved about 15 - 20 minutes on my commute to Lyndon State College. I know the road well but the damage is so extensive it took me a bit to recognize the location. 

Northern Vermont has lost a lot of roads, bridges, and buildings to flooding. When you get a month's worth of rain in a day something has to give. One big problem is that the rains just aren't letting up. 

Here in northern NH we've also had a lot of damage from flooding, but not quite as bad as northern VT. 

-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to everyone living there. One of the hospitalists where I work was stuck at her home with her family until one of the roads could reopen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. Some people had some close calls. Being stranded isn't any fun.

      Delete