StatCounter

Monday, August 12, 2024

Honda PCX Vs Honda PCX



There was a surprise knock on my door. One of my cousins, who hasn’t been to my house in years, was at the door. He just picked up a scooter, a 2023 Honda PCX. He knew I had a 2013 PCX and wanted to ask some scooter questions. 


His scooter was a dealership hold over from the previous year. While it’s essentially new, it was missing the owner’s manual. The dealership promised they’d get him one but you know how that goes. In the mean time he though he’d pick my brain a bit. 


I was curious to see what changes Honda did over a ten year period. Honda tends to do incremental improvements. The first thing I noticed is that the tires were wider on the newer scooter. They probably will wear better and provide better traction on gravel roads. The other big change is that it has all LED lights and more streamlined directionals. The instrument cluster has been updated. It also has a simpler yet better parking brake. The old style parking brake fails all the time and is nearly impossible to fix correctly. Of course, there are slight changes to the body panels. 


While it’s a slightly improved bike it’s not worth upgrading -as far as I’m concerned. 


My cousin and I went or a great little ride together and my older scooter didn’t have any trouble keeping up -even with me on it. 


-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Honda manuals are available online in pdf format at no cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my '07 Suzuki Burgman AN400. Carries my 340 lbs around easily, but I'm almost too tall for it at 6-5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great scooter. Too bad it's too big for the Cannonball. However, the Suzuki Burgman 200 has been in it.

      Delete