StatCounter

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Mud Season


Mud season is a real thing here in the Great North Woods. Lately we’ve been getting these depressing combinations of rain, freezing rain and even snow. There’s a bone deep chill that comes with heavy rain on days barely above freezing. 


On the bright side those are the days when the woodstove really shines. That wonderful radiant heat is just what the doctor ordered. The half gallon kettle is always on the stove. 


I’m looking forward for mud season to come to an end. There’s only so much one can do when everything turns to slop. It’s a lot harder to exercise outdoors. That’s annoying to me as outdoor activities are how I get into condition. 


Recently a leg injury has limited what I can do. Thank goodness that’s finally pretty much healed up. Now all I need is some decent weather so I can actually do things. 


-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment