StatCounter

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Near Miss



The weather’s been up in the high 80s, which is pretty warm for this time of year in the Great North Woods. Do I get to enjoy the sun? Nope. I’m on antibiotics that cause sensitivity to the sun. Kinda hard to enjoy the outside when all bundled up. However, a little wind therapy on the scooter is something I can do. Nothing like a 55 mph wind to keep cool. 


So I went for a nice ride along the river and up into the mountains. It was a great ride. I’d traveled about 50 miles and was working my way home. About 15 minutes from home the road was blocked by a fire truck. My 15 minute trip got a lot longer.


The firefighter told me the road was blocked and there was a detour. There was a horrible car accident: multiple cars, one on fire, and at least one fatality. No details have been released as it just happened. I’m worried that it might be people I know. Had I been a bit earlier that could have been me. 


The detour wandered off into the back country. Miles of dirt road and a single lane bridge kind of back country. It was slow going as the scooter isn’t exactly a dirt bike. It was a relief to get home safe and sound. 


Prayers for the victims. 


-Sixbears

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi sixbears. There was a crash listed on WMUR up your way. That may be it. The guy drifted into oncoming traffic. Yes, you were lucky as it appears to have been a bad scene.

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berlin man collided with a dump truck and a cargo van. Don't know his name, I think it was in the paper this morning. Sad...

    ReplyDelete