StatCounter

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Short Visit



I was pretty excited to connect with a friend of mine who I hadn’t seen in a few months. So I drive 150 miles to his place -in the pouring rain. As I get there he opens the door well before I get close to the house. He’s wearing a mask. The poor guy just tested positive for covid. Being a paramedic in the Boston area he most likely got it from work. 


So put my mask on and we have a very short visit. I dropped off his birthday present then drove another 150 miles back home. Yeah, he got covid for his birthday. What a sucky day. 


We had planned on going to a new place in his area what has indoor archery and ax throwing. Sounds like my kind of place. Oh well. 


He’s currently not doing too badly. I hope we can get together again soon -and actually spend more than a few minutes together. 


Such is life.


-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. You both were wearing masks. What's the problem?
    Follow The Science.!
    Maybe more booster shots are needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, but why take unnecessary chances? Especially since my lungs have been crap for 30 years.

      Delete
    2. 6 Bears you far more polite than I am.

      When the real bad flu seasons drop into my hospital, I do a decontamination cycle when I get home. Clothes hamper for my clothing, shoes stay outside (or in winter a shoe box literally), a shower then I kiss my beautiful bride.

      No reason to bring that nastiness into the home.

      That and a healthy diet, hydration and plenty of sleep kept me and my wife who also worked in the Hospital free of the flu bug even though we never took the flu shots over the past decade.

      Delete
    3. He was 99% sure it was his allergies. At the last minute he went for 100% and got a positive result -twice.

      I never get the flu shot. I may or may not get the flu, but the shot will definitely make me sick as a dog.

      I'm not an all or nothing guy when it comes to vaccines.

      Delete
    4. Because of my 2 decades military service and decades of hospital work I've three full shot record books so far, working on 4th.

      I'm not against vaccines that WORK. The Flu was always a "Best Guess" of LAST Years flu mutations for this year.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throwing sharp objects for fun sound like a good time to me. You'll get the chance I'm sure. You both did the right and correct thing. There are no sure things and taking chances like that is paramount to gambling with your life. Never a good idea. A lesson learned from Milton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll give it another try when everyone is well.

      Delete