StatCounter

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Quick road trip

Just made a quick trip downstate.

One of the downsides of living out in the woods is that occasionally, long drives are necessary.

My wife sees a neurologist every 5 - 6 months who's over 150 miles away.

Today we were able to combine the necessary trip with a pleasant side trip to visit friends. It wasn't all business and no fun.

I wonder how long people will be able to afford 300 mile day trips. Keep and eye on the price of fuel. It's due for another steep climb.

Fortunately, we were able to scrape up enough waste vegetable oil for the trip. Probably spent more on tolls than fuel, but we are an unusual case. Just one of the advantages of slowly dropping out of the petroleum economy.

-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. Sixbears,I haven't had time yet to check all of your back posts yet,have you done a post on processing vegetable oil?If not are you considering it?

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I should. Thanks for the idea. I've talked about it, but haven't done the step by step.

    ReplyDelete