StatCounter

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Vacation Land



Recently I was asked if we ever take living in a beautiful area for granted. My lovely wife and I do not. We still stop to watch the wildlife and sunsets. 


Today we decided to take the Sea Eagle 420 kayak out on the lake. It was a pleasant paddle with osprey overhead and loons checking us out. There’s a lot less motor traffic on the lake since the price of gas went up. 


After our paddle we went for a swim. The water was just cool enough to be refreshing but warm enough to be comfortable. 


In the evening I took the scooter on a long ride down back country roads. There was very little traffic. 


If you are going to live in a place that’s a vacation destination it only makes sense to stop and smell the roses. Otherwise, what’s the point? 


-Sixbears

1 comment:

  1. It's easy to get blase when you live in (your own version of) paradise. I make a point of occasionally going elsewhere to make me realise how good I got it.

    ReplyDelete