StatCounter

Friday, December 10, 2010

Odds and Ends

Everything takes longer and costs more.

My 3 day repair job stretched out to almost 2 weeks. At least it's done now, and appears to be done right. One of my expense surprises is a couple hundred dollars of tax tacked onto my bill. I'm from NH. We don't tax sales. MA taxes everything. It never occurred to me that I'd have to pay tax on the truck parts. Should have known.

When I went to pick up the truck, it wouldn't start. The garage put a charger on it and it eventually turned over. Ran an errand for my daughter. Picked up a door at the building supply store. Had dinner with my daughter's family. When I can to go home, once again, the truck would not start.

After I popped the hood, it was pretty clear that the battery terminals were dirty. Cleaning them up was all it took for the truck to start. It's the simple things sometimes. One would think the guy at the garage would have caught that. Oh well.

With all the delays, we didn't get home until midnight. Then we were up early to drive into town to kid sit our granddaughter.

2 comments:

  1. It's always a shame when the "professionals" miss something like dirty battery terminals!

    I mean, it's not like they are trying to hide or anything,right?

    Glad you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always an adventure. Felt better driving on remote mountain roads in a snowstorm than on the Boston loop in dry conditions.

    ReplyDelete