But not for long. My lovely wife and I had planned on hitting the water on Wednesday, but we decided to wait one more day. The weather is a bit wetter than originally predicted and the winds will be shifting direction later too.
Then there is the last minute provisioning and packing to do. We are taking the time to be a little more methodical about it.
Our original plans may have been too ambitions. We decided to not focus on distance and focus on fun. Suddenly, the whole trip opened up. There’s a lot of interesting stops along the way that are now worth considering.
One of the problems with trying to cover a lot of distance is that we’d have to burn gas to do it. I hate to burn gas. It is a sailboat. Tacking to get to a destination doesn’t bother me that much, even though it takes longer. That just means more time sailing. I like sailing.
My dad volunteered to keep the truck and trailer at his place. All we have to do is call him when we are ready to be picked up. That sure beats the heck out of leaving the truck at a boat ramp for days or weeks on end.
My posting might get a bit spotty, depending on if we can find open wifi signals. It also might depend on how beautiful the night is. If my blog doesn’t show up, just assume it’s because I’m having a rum and watching a beautiful sunset on the water.
Thursday Night Cruise-in at Cabelas
3 hours ago