StatCounter

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Sitting this one out



It’s a darn good thing I like isolation. If I’m going to be in a self-imposed quarantine for two weeks, best to be at home. After all, this is where my beans and other essentials are kept. We didn’t even stop at the grocery store to top off our supplies. However, there are couple of deliveries on their way, so that’s good. However, if they never show up that won’t be the end of the world either.

This is a perfect emergency for introverts. They are skilled at staying home and not interacting with people.

Things are moving really really fast, but that’s what I expected when I made the decision to head home. One of my fears was that there would be restrictions on domestic travel. Two weeks ago that sounded like a nutty idea. Today, not so much.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. You made the right choice R. As of Wednesday Kathy will be out of a job. It's looking to me , like less than two weeks until total lockdown here.
    When she gets home Wednesday, we will be locking down the gates and ignoring all comers. Intruders delt with harshly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Spud. It means a lot to me that you think I made the right decision as I respect your opinion. My lovely wife really did not want to skip the rest of our trip, but she trusted me. Now she's glad we bugged out when we did. By the way, it's snowing this morning. That'll keep folks away.

      Delete
  2. Got a feeling forced quarantine is in our near future in the US. Next is forced vaccinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best estimate is that they won't have a vaccine for about a year. A lot can happen between now and then. Look how long it's taken them to ramp up a simple test. However, I'm pretty sure a forced quarantine is in the cards.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. True, but it might pass like a kidney stone.

      Delete