StatCounter

Monday, March 9, 2020

So what happened?



I know I’ve been off the grid for a while now. We had a sudden change of plans. The day we were supposed to go sailing my lovely wife woke up feeling poorly. I really did not want to be way out on the boat somewhere if she got worse.

We ended up staying on land in the middle of nowhere for a few days. Turns out she just had a head cold and got better after several days. In these days of pandemic I did not want to take any chances. That got me thinking about our options. We’ve decided to cut our Florida stay short and to start heading north.

If all goes well we should be spending the night in Georgia. We’ve a few days booked in a state park. We might get delayed by having to swing into St. Augustine to pick up my lovely wife’s meds. After Georgia the plan is to head on north to our home. With all the weirdness going down right now being home seems like a good idea.

There’s evidence that real coronavirus cases will be doubling every six days. Experts, judging from the Italian experience, expect all available hospital beds to be filled by May 8th. I really don’t want to be stuck in a quarantine somewhere.

-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping that you folks were okay. Guess you were....sort of. Yeah, home might be the best option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup , there's no place like the home port during a storm !
    However , there are a lot of disease ridden vermin between here and the North Pole.
    Gonna need a jackhammer to chisel your abode out of the glacier.

    Be careful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dagnabit boy!! Had us worried ! Thank the Good Lord you and yours are OK.
    Might have been Yashua nudging you along with the right decision...
    Be extra careful, there's a whole lot of stupid, rude, obnoxious humans between you and your castle. Believe me, I know, I'm one of them from time to time.
    Besides, I can't find my Common Sense App !!!
    Be careful Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're still welcome to stop in for a coffee or meal or whatever. Love you Dad!

    ReplyDelete