StatCounter

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Medical Outlaw



I screwed up. Seven months ago I thought I’d do the responsible thing and get medical insurance. That was a mistake. I saw a doctor a couple of times this winter and had a couple tests done. In America that generates a sizable bill. Having insurance saved me $38. What a scam.


Guess who’s not going to get paid? If you guessed the hospital you are right. If you guessed the insurance company you are also right.


In the past the hospital was very quick to send my bill to collection. They are welcome to do that again. They can only ruin my credit once. After that I don’t worry about it. As for the insurance company, I guess I should have paid closer attention to the micro print.


So what about Medicaid? Some people asked me that question. Too many strings. They attach your house and limit you to one car. Their “help” is good for the hospital but not for the patient.


Medical bills prevent working class people from acquiring generational wealth. My grandparents house was taken to pay their nursing home bills. My own parents went bankrupt from medical expenses. No idea if I’ll be able to leave my kids anything, but I’m going to do my best to see the Medical Industrial Complex doesn’t get it.


-Sixbears



No comments:

Post a Comment