StatCounter

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Well that was Christmas



My lovely wife and I were about an hour away from heading south to Massachusetts on 26th to celebrate with extended family. Then we got a call that my grandson tested positive for virus-19. Since then my daughter has also come down with it. They’ll be fine, but that did it for the celebrating with a large group. 


However, one of my other daughter’s invited us to celebrate with them in Vermont. We gladly took them up on the offer. They were supposed to host Thanksgiving this year, but had the same issue my other daughter’s family just had for Christmas. It was darn good to get together with at least some of the family. 


We celebrated with a niece on Christmas day, so that was nice. 


I’ve a third daughter in California so getting together with that part of the family is always difficult. 


I’m one of those people for whom Christmas can be a tough holiday. In 2019 I disappeared into the Everglades to take a break from it. Had I known then what I know I now I might have sucked it up and celebrated it with people. Hindsight is 2020 after all. 


I hope everyone got through Christmas in good shape -whatever that looks like for you.


-Sixbears


3 comments:

  1. So this is Christmas, a certain time of the year when joy will come to us and bring us great cheer. : John Lennon. paraphrased

    ReplyDelete