StatCounter

Saturday, December 24, 2022

While the grid is back up



I’m writing this Friday afternoon. During the night it started snowing. About 8 a. m. the grid went down. That wasn’t a surprise. The big surprise is when the grid came back about an hour and a half later. 

The snow has since turned to rain. The plow built up a nice bank in front of my driveway which became heavily waterlogged. Fortunately, the neighbor’s plow guy took a swipe with his plow and cleared most of it. My lovely wife opened up the drainage around the driveway. The water was about ankle deep and rising quickly. It’s not too often that I shovel snow in a rain poncho.

Anyway, the grid blipped out for a minute while I was writing this. Looks like I’ll be on backup power again soon. 

It’s all good. We don’t have to be anywhere and the woodstove is keeping us warm.

-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment