StatCounter

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Slowing Down



I’m way behind on my summer projects but I’ve learned to live with it.  At least the essential things were accomplished. The main thing slowing me down were some minor injuries. Years ago I was warned that the abuse my body took when younger would catch up to me when older. Turns out they were right. I’m older and those old injuries have come back to haunt me. 


My first impulse is to push through it and get stuff done. While that might have worked when I was in my 20s and 30s it’s not so effective in my 60s. Instead of pushing forward I’ve been taking care of myself. It’s worked too. I’m almost fully recovered and didn’t have to see a doctor along the way. 


Now that I’m doing a lot better I’m getting more exercise. Since I’m getting more exercise I’m finally dropping those covid pounds. 


My oldest daughter and her husband came for a visit over the holiday weekend. They took care of a couple of projects I’d been putting off. That was an encouraging boost. It sorta got me over the hump. It looks like I’m going to be in pretty decent condition in time for the October hunting season. 


-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Yes sir, I can relate to the aches and pains of a misspent youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What used to heal is now something we learn to live with.

      Delete
  2. Yep. 24-7 ouch. But I don't regret it. I heard the same words but the arrogance of youth doesn't hear too well. How would you have any cool stories to tell in the nursing home if you spent a life wrapped in cotton wool? Live while you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a shame to die in excellent health. :)

      Delete