StatCounter

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Waiting it out



It looks like we are going to have an interesting fall and winter. Between climate issues and political unrest things could get interesting. My lovely wife and I have decided to pretty much hunker down and wait it out. I’d feel pretty silly being far from home and have things get . . . exciting. 


Maybe it’s just a feeling, but sometimes you’ve got to trust your gut. It’s not that I’m getting all woo woo about the future. All you have to do is to have one eye on the news and that’s enough to make anyone worried. 


I’m going to go off on a tangent here for a bit. Let me address the somewhat older folks on the blog or those with an interest in History. Let’s go back to before the Iraq war. There were all these articles about how Saddam had this amazing bunker. It was supposed to be some kind of technological marvel. Back in 2003 Newsweek did this article about how advanced his bunkers were. Look it up. So where was he captured? In some dirty spider hole. That never made any sense to me. 


I suppose there’s a lesson there. If you have a secure location you’d best make use of it. 


There is one thing that would get me moving out of a safe zone: a rescue operation. If a family or friend needed help I’d find a way to make it happen. 


On a positive note, I feel pretty good about late winter going into spring. That’s something to look forward to.


-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Normally I tend to discount the babbling potato but when the talking heads and the WH spoke-freak is repeating and NOT Walking it back it's worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things may certainly get sporty this fall and winter, but looking forward late winter and early spring in NH from my memories of living there many years ago brings to mind frost heaves and mud season. By the way when I have mentioned frost heaves in the six other parts of the country I have lived in I am always met with only blank stares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mud season is a real season. If the roads aren't constantly maintained the frost will destroy them. The best part about mud season is that warmer weather is coming.

      Delete