StatCounter

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Stuff Happens



I’ve been AWOL for a while. Stuff to do and to deal with. 


Things appear to have settled down a bit. My lovely wife, kids, and grandkids are well. My father-in-law’s health is a concern but he’s been moved to a better hospital -one with equipment, supplies and better doctors. Good thing my sister-in-law lives in the same state as her parents and has been able to take time off from work. There’s only so much my lovely wife can do from 2000 miles away. 


On the bright side it’s looking good for getting Medicare. It’s a process. I could stress about the way things have been going but it’s not like I expected things to go smoothly with Social Security. I had to laugh when I got a letter in the mail reminding me of my appointment -a day after the actual appointment. Fortunately, I was on top of things and didn’t need the reminder. It will be nice to have some sort of medical insurance again. 


There are also some things in the works that could improve our personal finances. I won’t know for sure for a few months yet but it’s occurring. We aren’t talking a huge pile of money but when you live pretty frugally in the first place it doesn’t take much extra to make a difference. 


So all in all, things aren’t that bad. Pretty good even. 


-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the trip through Medicade. Tis not a process that should be explored by the faint at heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ain't over until it's over, but it's been interesting.

      Delete