StatCounter

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Winter Travel?



The last time my lovely wife and I traveled south for the winter was in 2019. We came home in 2020 in a big rush. Then we didn’t to far at all for a while.


Last year we were in Texas, but that was to help out my in-laws. It certainly wasn’t a our normal fun filled adventure travel. Instead of getting a crappy T-shirt we got Covid. Not my favorite winter trip. 


Here it is, the end of February and we’ve been in the frozen north the whole time. We were hoping for a late winter trip -at least as far south as South Carolina. It’s not looking good. In fact, an early spring fun adventure trip doesn’t look like it’s in the cards either. That could change, but I’m not holding my breath. 


There’s a chance my lovely wife might actually end up in Texas again to assist her folks again. That’s not a fun trip at all. However, we are trying to get some of her medical issues sorted first. Right now it’s more important that she take care of herself. 


As for myself I’m looking to schedule a doctor’s appointment sometime soon too. Now that I have Medicare I want to try it out and get me some of that sweet modern medical care. -but seriously, I need a prescription refilled. I’d also like to try some new medical devices for my sleep apnea. For a long time I’ve been using salvaged c-pap devices that I service and reprogram myself. It would be nice to get something new and maybe even see a doctor. Well, seeing the doctor part isn’t a high priority as long as I can get the equipment I need. 


Anyway, by the time this stuff is sorted out I might not want to leave the Great North Woods. It’ll be spring and good weather will be on the way.


-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. If you're not going to work, there is few good reasons to go out into real snow and ice.

    Wife normally would have gone to a fav restaurant for a nice brunch-lunch today, but she's making do nicely with my cooking.

    Helps I have a stash of nice muffins to cut and fry up for her. :-) Man's gotta learn a few tricks, eh?

    Fixing and reprogramming CPAPs, eh? I'm impressed. I bet you also have a sine wave inverter as modified is hard on them.

    Pondering when to shovel a little. The snow slows and then starts up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had issues with c-paps running on modified sine wave -even the cheap 400 watt ones.

      I cook better than a lot of the restaurants around here. Going out is basically me just taking a break from cooking.

      It's a treat not having to drive in the middle of a snowstorm. Having a fair bit of food storage makes that easier to do too!

      Delete
  2. Interesting 6 bears. CPAP machines are better built than I thought.

    Mind passing on your preferences in modified sine wave units? Pure sine is still a bit pricy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for small inverters I've had good luck with the Schumacher brand. My house inverter is an old Trace 2424. It's provided over 20 years constant service. They don't make them anymore. Back then it was all copper coils. Now it's done with electronics.

      Delete
  3. Soon the snow will melt off of the fire pit, and the Coffee pot will be cooking.

    ReplyDelete