StatCounter

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Life in the Shadows


Summer is a special time in the Great North Woods. Normally I’d be doing a lot of outside activities. Not so much right now. 


One main reason: Doxycycline. It’s a powerful antibiotic. 


On the bright side it knocked the heck out of the infection in my leg. I’m finally on the mend. There are some downsides to the medication. A big one is that it’s pretty hard on the digestion. Diet and staying hydrated is managing the worse of it. An annoying issue is sun sensitivity. It turns you into a vampire that burns up in the sun. 


Here it is, warm and humid, and I’m going around with long pants and long sleeved shirts. I’m even wearing gloves and a big floppy hat. Even after I stop the medication the sensitivity lingers for 10 to 14 days. That knocks a big chunk out of July. 


I guess I’m going to be on the night shift for a bit. The good news is that I have my own freaking beach on the lake. There’s no reason not to go swimming in the dark. There’s nothing lurking in the dark water that will eat me. 


Life goes on. 


-Sixbears


2 comments:

  1. The night life will only last for a short while. Did they give you some pills to deal with the pukiness? That stuff is pretty nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No puke pills. Eating lots of yogurt and that helps.

      Delete