StatCounter

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Scooter Cannonball



The Scooter Cannonball starts today: https://scootercannonball.com/ 


It’s one of those insane things to do. Nothing like a coast to coast event that takes place on small displacement scooters. I’m sad that I was unable to participate. 


The logistics are particularly bad for me this year. It begins in San Clemente, CA and ends at Hilton Head, SC. Since I’m located in northern New Hampshire it’s a long long way to the start and a significant distance to return home. 


The previous one would have been better. It started in Bangor Maine and ended up in Oregon I believe.   At least I’d only have to figure out how to get back home from the Northwest. That was the year my daughter and grandson came over to visit from California. It’s rare for them to make it home so I wasn’t going to miss out. 


Of course, there’s always the next one. Now all I have to do is save up the money for the adventure and get in reasonable condition. Maybe I’m getting too old for this, but you are never too old to do something foolish.


-Sixbears


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes a smaller version that you and a few buddies can do together is a memory making event.

    Why not create THE Cannoli run starting at your area and running down to Boston's North End for a bite?

    All those secondary roads both ways would make for a adventure and sightseeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been knocking off the Northeast BDR (Backwoods Discovery Route) in a series of day trips. Did the Maine and NH sections. Will do VT soon. Then I'll do a couple overnights and finish up in PA. Pretty funny to do it on a scooter. I have to avoid the more technical areas, but a lot of people avoid those anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know that does sound like a lot of fun. Last Cannon Ball I saw had Jackie Chan in it, but hey... 80)

    ReplyDelete